Thank you to Tammi for this recipe – one of our wonderful workers at Nurtured Earth Organics!
This dish is the colour of autumn… perfect timing with local limes back in season and the price of organic corn and tomatoes so reasonable.
With lots of fresh flavours, chilli corn salsa is great company for anything Mexican (and a replacement for guacamole when avocados are out of season) nachos, tacos, burritos… or as a side salad when you need to add some colour and zest! Of course you can eliminate the chilli if tastebuds require! 🙂
- 3 cobs corn, deshusked and steamed until cooked
- 4 Shallots finely sliced / or 1 Spanish Onion finely diced
- 1 bunch Coriander, chopped finely
- 4 large Tomatoes (deseeded)*
- 2 Limes – 1 juiced, 1 for garnish
- 1 large Chilli, deseeded, sliced finely
- 1 small Red or Green capsicum deseeded and diced
- 1/4 tsp of Salt
- Remove kernels from cooked corn cobs (once cooled)
- Mix in all the other ingredients and you are good to go!
*We deseed tomatoes so the mix does not end up too moist – you can opt to throw in the whole diced tomato!