My childhood memories have me believe that no ‘kids birthday party’ is complete without Chocolate Crackles!! Here’s a child friendly, parent happy version.
I love these small silicone molds. The smaller size is a much better portion and the colours add some fun.
NOTE: There are conversations regarding toxicity of silicone. I only use silicone for items that do not require heating/baking.
If you don’t have molds, you can just drop dollops onto a tray and refrigerate… this will work just as well!
- 2C Puffed Brown Rice
- 100g Cacao Butter
- 1/4C Cacao Powder
- 1/4C Fresh Almond Milk (or your preferred milk)
- 1C Desiccated Coconut
- 2Tbsp Maple Syrup (adjust sweetness to suit)
- Tiny pinch of salt
- Melt cacao butter on a very low heat
- Mix in everything else – if the cacao butter cools too quickly and starts to set, you can gently reheat again
- Pour into molds and refrigerate for 5 minutes.
Great for school lunch boxes too.
OF COURSE you can add lots of other nutritious goodies ie. chopped almonds, chia seeds, sunflowers seeds, hemp seeds, dried chopped apricots, oats etc